Friday, June 22, 2012

Quick Tip Friday

Do you have lots of border punches...maybe you are looking for a new way to use them that's quick and easy? Try using them to create a misting mask!


I used a large EKSuccess border punch, a sheet of plain copy paper and mists in 2 colors.

I punched the border in the thin paper then positioned it over my card stock panel. I used some removable tape to hold the masks in place before misting.  I'm sorry I don't have a photo of the mask before I sprayed, completely forgot to snap a couple of steps.


As you can see the paper gets pretty saturated so it's a one use mask. Using paper for the mask creates a soft watercolor look rather than the clean edge that you would get from using a plastic mask.
I should add that you will want to clear a pretty wide area and cover your desk.
 I should also report that I'm sporting one really pretty pink misted hand! 

Once I sprayed with the pink mist, I took a clean sheet of paper and masked off the top of the card.
Then I sprayed with the second lighter mist. I didn't bother covering the first color, since it's darker it wasn't affected by the second misting.

All that is left is to trim your card stock, do a little stamping and embellishing, layer with a mat and 
you've got yourself a unique clean and simple card for any occasion. 



Products used for this project: EK Success Border Punch, Dylusions Ink Spray in Bubblegum, Mister Huey's Color Mist in Dewey, Hero Arts Black Dye ink, Picked Raspberry Distress ink, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Black cardstock, satin ribbon, Tombow Stamp Runner, Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares
Stamps by Hero Arts: Untitled Word Shadow AC005, Truly Appreciated clear sentiment set CL380


We would love to see your misted border projects if you would like to add your link to the collection below.  Just click on the blue frog below and follow the directions to add your name and the link to your blog post, Flickr photo or other online photo gallery.
We can't wait to see your misted projects using a border punch as a mask!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Nancy, this is such a fun idea! I have so many border punches and rarely use them - thank you so much for the inspiration! Love that pretty card! :)

Barb King said...

I love this idea, I have lots of sprays and will try this! I'm folowing you now.