Friday, June 15, 2012

Quick Tip- Custom Patterns

Have you ever been playing with your favorite new patterned paper collection and wished you had just one more pattern to pull it all together? I had just that situation this week when working on cards for my next card class. I was using the new Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6x6 paper collection, which is in stock in the store right now.
I thought the perfect thing would be a great faded blue denim pattern with the pretty plaid paper. But I didn't have any denim paper...what to do?.....what to do? I just happened to be wearing the perfect denim pattern....my jeans!



You guessed it....I scanned my jeans! (not the ones I was wearing, mind you). Once scanned and edited to tweak the color and contrast I opened the image in MS Publisher (my go-to program for such things) to crop and create a printable sheet of denim.


Then I was off to make my version of Summer Fresh with some fun new Lawn Fawn Stamps: Make Lemonade and Happy Summer (also in stock right now)




Are you looking for the perfect pattern to finish your project in style? Look in the mirror, you just may be wearing it!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Soooooooooooo cute. Perfect for a day like this with June gloom. Nancy, I just love your work.

Virginia L. said...

How CLEVER!! I love the textures of jeans and you actually made your own pattern paper this way--awesome idea and design, Nancy!

Unknown said...

You're brilliant! Awesome creation :)

Unknown said...

What will you think of next! You are so crafty, talented and creative!

Kathy Ethington said...

Love it Nancy, you are so clever!

Barb said...

Oh, you are so smart! And very clever, I might add! Love this fun idea, my friend!

Dawn T said...

what a great idea Nancy. I've finally got a MFD printer and can scan. Just had a bright idea ` need some lace strips.... got a great piece of lace on a cami - will be perfect to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Susan Williams said...

I cannot believe it ! I have been browsing for twenty minutes trying to find a supplier of denim printed cardstock in GB. Came across your tip above, and sat in my workroom with no jeans on scanning them. Fantastic, thank you so much for the tip - why didn't I think of it myself !