Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Mojo

You have a dilemma: you need a birthday card. You've been making every kind of card but a birthday card and your desk is an awful mess. You don't want to spend all day straightening up your mess, then sorting through your birthday stamps, finding the right papers and background stamps.  The sun is shining, the birds are singing and you want to be outside enjoying it all.

Monday Mojo to the rescue! Take stock of what is already out....stamps, inks, supplies, tools and use those to make a one of a kind bright and cheerful birthday card. Here's how....

This is my messy desk full of random stamps, inks, stamped rejects, tools, embellies......

I selected a few fun stamps....

Then I started stamping a pattern on a fresh panel of white card stock cut to 5.5 x 4.25. I like things semi-random...gotta have my ducks in a row. You could very easily do something totally random and abstract as long as the colors and scale work together.

Add in some text and your birthday greeting....


...then admire your handiwork and head back outside with a cold beverage....you'll have plenty of time to clean up tomorrow!

Products used in this card: Hero Hues Cerulean Layering Paper, Jenni Bowlin inks- Lemon Drop, Chewing Gum, Chicken Feed, Speckled Egg, Lavender Sachet, Spice Tin; Lawn Fawn Stamps- Swimsuit Season, Grand Greetings; Hero Arts/Basic Grey Stamps- Picnic, Pattern Hearts and Flowers. Extras- Baker's Twine, Silver eyelets. 

If that doesn't jump-start your creativity...how about some new Tim Holtz Distress inks for summer?

The new colors are: Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean. You are going to love how vibrant these new inks are. Check out THIS video for the official intro then call Linda at the store to reserve your set! They will be in stock soon.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness - I just got his ink set from spring - now I KNOW I'll need the new summer inks too!

And have I told you how much I love this post? It's awesome, Nancy! What a fun idea, especially when so many of us are much busier in the summer! Love your fun card! :)

joy said...

These summer colors look scrumptious!! Love your idea for a "semi-random" birthday card. Sure makes for a very happy card, Nancy!

Gina Alferez said...

I can't wait to get my hands on these new colors. I'm looking forward to the Blue Color the most!!!

Get card tip as well Nancy :-)

donna mikasa said...

What a cheery, colorfull card that was created with the "mess" on your desk! I am so impressed and inspired!

Dawn T said...

Awesome card. So bright and cheerful. Can't wait for the new TH colours to be in the stores!